- Leow Ser Leng (HOD EL)
- Chong Oi Lin (Lead Teacher EL)
- Kong Yin Ling Adeline (Senior Teacher EL)
- Park Han Na (Subject Head EL)
- Fong Min Shi Chloe
- Lim Rong Hua Eric
- Lee Siew Yong Loretta (Year Head-Lower Sec)
- Darshan Kaur
- Yong Junxiong Eric
- Samsiah Kushen
- Giselle Maria Rai
- Belwit Kaur
- Ng Shuping Faith
- Tan Eng Chuan Lawrence
- Shahirah Banu bte Leyakat Ali
- Zuraida Bte Mohamed Esa
- Aslam S/O M A (FAJT)
- Hendon A Rahman (FAJT)
- Oh Ah Hong (Diane Ng) (FAJT)
Confident and Effective Communicators in English
The Bukit Merah English Language programme aims to nurture Merahans to be effective and confident users of the English Language through three main areas, namely :
- Cultivating the love of reading through a structured programme and exposure to different genres of writing.
- Promoting the student voice through EN-ELT (Enhancing English Learning and Teaching) strategies and alternative assessments.
- Nurturing students to become independent and self-directed learners by encouraging them to manage their own learning.
To further this aim, the Bukit Merah English Literature programme strives to instil a love for the written word and an appreciation for how literature is relevant to the life by allowing students to read a diverse range of prose, poetic and dramatic Literature texts, carefully selected to pique their interest, encourage personal response and stimulate higher-order thinking. To bring texts to life, learning journeys are organised for students.
- EL Week
- Sec 2 Literature Exposure Learning Trail
- Sec 3N(A) Writing Workshop
- Sec 4E/5NA Comprehension Skills Workshop
- Sec 4E/5NA Oral Communications Workshop
- National Schools Literature Festival 2016: Bronze award for Choral Speaking