Character Development Through Sports
The LLP committee brought together the best of the two merged schools’ LLP programmes and arrived at a new theme “Character Development Through Sports” in 2021 after walking through the merger years.
The revised LLP structure is as follows:
Aligning our programmes based on the school values of Respect, Integrity, Self-Discipline & Empathy (RISE), the TLLP will be implemented through three main platforms as a broad-based approach for Merahans:
- Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) Lessons
- Teaching of our school values in line with the CCE curriculum
- Key School Developmental Experiences:
- All Merahans will have opportunities for character building experiences through the various school-wide initiatives.
- Merahan Olympics Day: Whole School Inter House Games
- Sports Education Program: All Sec 1 & 3 students & UG Cadets
- Outdoor Cohort Camps.
- Sporting Activities within every CCA.
- Physical Education (PE) Lessons
- Using the Sports Education Model to structure our PE lessons, students are put into positions of responsibilities by assuming different roles through the game seasons.
- This is on top of students’ development in playing competencies and sporting skills.